Saturday, June 25, 2011

Three Down, Three to Go!

We just finished our third week of teaching (second on our own after the internship week). I'm exhausted! All of the little daily mortifications are starting to wear on me. Little things like not eating things I normally eat and not having opportunities to relax are great ways to suffer and be more like Jesus, but after a while, that cross just gets heavier and heavier! Please pray for my strength this coming week. We just have one more week until our 4th of July break and silent retreat. If I can make it through this week, I can make it through to the end!
I'm beginning to really, really miss my family. I was doing pretty well with not being homesick until this week. Father's Day made me really miss my Daddy. I had to miss my little brother's 16th birthday this week, and that didn't make missing my family any better. Every time I use my cell phone and see sweet Oscar and Henry faces, I wish I could be with them. I miss St. Michael's a lot, too. We've been to very many beautiful churches these past few weeks, but there's nothing like going to Mass in my own parish. So, basically, I miss Opelika and Auburn!
Every single day, I understand a little bit more why God has called me to this particular ministry, in this particular diocese, with this particular team, to these particular parishes. I'm learning so much about myself and about how to love others through this experience. Before Totus Tuus, I already had a love for children. Man, has that love grown! Absolutely nothing compares to the beautiful joy that radiates from a child who understands God's love. And I get to see smiles like that almost everyday this summer! It's amazing. I've learned so much from my teammates, too. I've never really been on a team this small before. I'm learning how to die to myself for others and how to let others take care of me. I know that sounds silly, but it's so true. Because there are only four of us, we really have to rely on each other for spiritual and emotional support. I'm just so blessed that I get along with my team so well.
We're leaving in a few hours for St. Patrick's in McEwen, TN! Please pray for safe travels--looks like we're going to be driving through bad weather again.
OH, and I don't know how I haven't blogged about this yet, but my team gets to hear Scott Hahn speak in July! I'll give more details later.
God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment