Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sweet Home ALMOST Alabama

So far, Lawrenceburg is awesome! Our living situation is COMPLETELY different from last week. Katy and I are staying with the principal of the Catholic elementary school here, and her house is absolutely amazing. All of her kids are grown up, so we're staying in their old rooms. We got to pick among three different rooms, all with huge beds and tons of space. The bathroom is huge, too! We have lots of privacy here, which is so wonderful. The people in charge decided to put all of us with families who didn't have kids living at home anymore because they figured we would be tired of being around kids all day. I really love children, but it's been so nice to go home and let my guard down a little bit. The principal is a wonderful cook, too, so we've been very well fed!

Everyone down here is so outgoing. Nashville is in the South, but it's still a big city. People in Nashville were nice but not as Southern and polite as I'm used to back home.Lawrenceburg is full of Southern hospitality, and I love it. Opelika is definitely bigger than Lawrenceburg, but I feel so at home here. Southerners are so good at welcoming people, and it makes being around new people so much easier.

My class in the mornings is absolutely wonderful. All of these kids are so well behaved; I'm very impressed! They clean up after themselves without us even asking them to--such a blessing! My first and second graders have the longest attention span I've ever seen for kids their age. I've gotten to go pretty deep into some scripture because they're so attentive and they actually enjoy reading the Bible. These kids have such beautiful hearts. I'm really going to miss them when we have to leave on Saturday! Please pray that all of our students will be as great as this bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment