Monday, June 27, 2011

McEwen, Tennessee!

We're now in McEwen, TN, a cute little town that is incredibly small but so precious. Everything here is completely different from all the other places we've been so far. Katy and I are staying in a family's extra summer house, so we have a whole house all to ourselves! Nick and PJ are staying in an old building that used to be a convent, so they have the whole building to themselves, too. Katy and I have our own rooms and our own bathrooms. We're being spoiled!


Last week, I had twenty-eight first and second graders in my class. This week, I have FOUR. Only four. The biggest class has nine kids. I'm actually afraid that I might not have enough prepared to teach these kids; we're not wasting time on things like taking a huge class to the bathroom or waiting for everyone to get quiet. The kids are so well-behaved, and everything is just going smoothly. I could actually pay attention during daily Mass today instead of having to get kids to be quiet and pay attention. It's so different from what I'm used to, but it's been so great to just sit at a table and talk to kids about how great God is. This class is a lot more discussion-based, and it's so wonderful to hear what kids think of God. They are so, so sweet!

This is definitely God taking care of us because we're starting to get really exhausted. I'm not really sure that I could have handled a really difficult parish this last week before our break. Our break is in less than a week now. That means only a few more days until I can see my family! I am most definitely not looking forward to Totus Tuus being over, but I have really needed a little bit of a break. Spending time with my family and getting Hank and Oscar lovies will re-energize me for the last two weeks of Totus Tuus. Please keep St. Patrick's parish in McEwen in your prayers!

More about McEwen to come soon! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment