Thursday, June 16, 2011

Come, Holy Spirit! Teach Us How to Pray!

I am still amazed at how much I love my team. Even though we've spent pretty much every waking moment together for the past two weeks, it's like I can't spend enough time with them. I absolutely love being around all of them. How well our team gets along really is a great example of how powerful prayer is. I've been praying for my teammates since before I even knew I was accepted for Totus Tuus, and I've especially been praying for my female teammate. I love Katy Biddle so much that it's hard to go to sleep at night because we want to stay up late talking. I am just so blessed and so thankful. God is too great.

This first week on our own at Sacred Heart has been so, so, so great. We have made some mistakes that we will learn from for future parishes, but for the most part, the Holy Spirit has been on our side. Over and over and over again, I can feel the Holy Spirit speaking through me. I'll be talking to kids or students and not know what is coming out of my mouth. My prayer before I begin any teaching--whether it is teaching about Old Testament covenants or giving a talk to the older kids--is that the Holy Spirit will use my words to reach the kids. And let me tell you, He listens! I'm beginning to really understand what it means to live out Totus Tuus, to devote myself totally to God through Mary. I am just overflowing with this amazing kind of joy I've only experienced in small doses before. God is so awesome, and He is SO REAL!

Please continue to keep Totus Tuus in your prayers. These kids' lives are being changed--New Evangelization is happening! I don't think I could be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment