Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton

This week, we are teaching at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton in Tennessee Ridge. This parish is so cute and tiny, and the kids are so sweet. My class is even smaller than it was in McEwen; I had three yesterday (with one student who was also in my class in McEwen) and I had four today. All the other classes have between three and four students, too, so our grand total has been about ten students in the daytime program. The night program has had about ten, also. So small! One of the benefits of having such a small group is that we really get to know the kids. At the bigger churches, we get to know some kids pretty well, but I definitely don't know all of my students well. Even more so than at bigger parishes, I feel like I'm making a difference in these kids' lives. I have a feeling that it's going to be hard to leave here, also.

This is our second to last week of Totus Tuus. I can't believe that this whirlwind of a summer is getting close to being over. I'm dreading being separated from my team, and I don't know how I'm going to handle not being on the road, teaching kids, and getting to see awesome places in Tennessee anymore. Katy has to leave tomorrow night to go on a family vacation, and she won't be back until Sunday afternoon. I don't know how I'm going to handle being away from her for that long! I had a hard time last time she had to leave, but now I know her even better and she'll be gone for longer. Please pray for me Thursday through Sunday; I won't have my Katy to keep me strong! Also, this weekend is going to be a pretty tough trip. We have a four and a half hour drive to our next parish, and we have to be there by about ten or ten thirty because we are going to see Scott Hahn speak! I'm so excited to see Scott Hahn, but on top of having such a long drive, we lose an hour because we switch to Eastern time. I think we're going to be leaving by about 4:30 or 5:00 am, so pray that we can actually wake up that early and that Nick doesn't fall asleep while he's driving us!

Thanks, and God bless! I'm praying for all my friends back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment