Friday, May 13, 2011

The Countdown Begins...

I leave in less than two weeks! I can't believe everything is coming so soon!
My subleaser, Elizabeth, has moved most of her stuff into my apartment already. She'll be sleeping here at the beginning of next week. I have everything packed up and put in storage except what I'll be needing for the next two weeks, and my apartment looks so bare! It's been a sad (and LONG) experience packing up my apartment, but I find joy in knowing that I get to live with three awesome girls in the fall--plus there will be 9 other CSO girls around us to keep us company!
Our Totus Tuus coordinator has given us some more information about this year's program. The theme is the mystery of salvation, and the set of mysteries we will be focusing on will be the sorrowful mysteries. God is so providential; Kelley and I have been studying salvation history this semester in discipleship. I can't wait to go teach the kids in Nashville all the things I've been learning this semester. The curriculum for the middle schoolers and high schoolers is different, though. We will be covering more general aspects of Catholicism and living a Christian life that will be more pertinent to the life of a middle schooler or a high schooler. Topics for the night sessions are man's capacity for God, God comes to meet man/man's response to God, God's plan for the human body/the Rosary, the Eucharist/confession, and vocational discernment. I'm really excited that I get to interact with so many different age groups. We'll get to be silly and fun in the mornings with the younger kids then more serious and spiritual with older kids.

I am also getting very excited about meeting all the missionaries for the Nashville diocese! Nashville is having three teams of four this summer, and we'll find out who is on each team at training. I've been praying for my team for weeks now; I hope we all get along well! We'll be around each other pretty much 24/7, so we'll have to like each other!


More updates to come later!

1 comment: